Gunmen, on Sunday night, attacked a Benue Link passenger bus and abducted at least 11 persons, including a staff of the Nigerian Television Author, multiple sources said on Monday.
The driver of the vehicle and four passengers were said to have escaped after the attack which occurred about 10pm along Ogbokolo-Otukpa road in Okpokpwu Local Government Area of Benue State.
A source said that the kidnappers had initially demanded for N60 million, but came down to N16 million as ransom to release the passengers.
A similar incident involving two buses of the transport company occurred on September 10 , Twenty eight people were kidnapped.
A total of 26 of those abducted had been released while two are still with the kidnappers.
The Commissioner for Power, Energy and Transport, Omale Omale, confirmed the incident to newsmen in Makurdi.
He said details of the incident were still sketchy.I
t was gathered that staff of the Nigerian Television Authority,NTA, in the Makurdi Zonal Centre, was among the passengers abducted.
The Zonal Director of the Centre, Pam Nyam, has notified the police of the incident and requested urgent action to rescue all the abducted passengers.